Coaches Roles and Responsibilities
As a coach with Aldergrove Minor Baseball, the following is an abbreviated list of the Coaches Roles and Responsibilities (Please note that this is an abbreviated version of the list included in the Coach Manual):
- It is the Coaches responsibility to display and promote good sportsmanship and fair play of their team and parents at all Behave the way you want players and spectators to. Be positive and remember that all participants in our games are important.
- Emphasize that participating and doing one’s best are more important than who wins or Remind players that everyone is a valued member of the team. Keep it fun while developing their skills and constructive attitudes towards competition.
- Respect the Umpires and accept their decisions, do not argue with AMBA has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding this. Actively encourage players to respect umpires and other competitors. Without them there would be no game.
- Encourage communication between coaches, players and parents
- Learn and respect the rules of the
- Home Teams are responsible to prepare the fields for In Mosquito, Pee Wee, Bantam and Midget the home team is responsible to line the field, fill in depressions, rake the infield, home plate and pitching mound areas. In Tadpole and Mosquito it is the visiting teams’ responsibility to return all equipment to the bins and lock up them up.
- A Coach must be prepared to spend time practicing with their team so that the players have a chance to develop skills and team During pre-season, several practices a week are a good guideline. As the season progresses, practice sessions may vary in duration and frequency. Depending on the needs of the team, a practice will generally have some or all of the following elements in it:
- Skill demonstration
- Skill practice
- Chalk talk
- Scrimmage or practice
- Any Coach who would like to apply to coach in Peewee or above in the spring season must submit a letter of intent to the To Coach AA or AAA in the summer season a letter of intent must be made by May 28th. Coach application forms can be found Coach and Manager Forms section of this website.